PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE AS A SERVICE
Bio's PMO-as-a-Service (PMOaaS) allows Bio customers to maximise the efficiency and outcome success of their IT project portfolios. Every IT organisation has finite resources, budgets and available capacity, yet there’s often more happening or required than is possible to deliver. This may be a consequence of both operational "Keep The Lights On" activities clashing with the demands of incremental project work, or it could be the sheer volume of change-related work pressuring the ability of the IT team to support it.
Bio's PMOaaS capability is focused on managing these concerns for our customers through the adoption of effective, but practical and manageable, controls. The service is based on a customisable set of deliverables that are adapted to the needs of each Bio client that may include:
- Project Support Services to assist Project Managers in their daily role
- Project Assurance Services which focus on project performance and quality management
- Project Manager performance management and improvement
- IT and Business Alignment Services to assist in the forward planning of the IT project landscape
Depending on the circumstances, Bio's PMOaaS can be delivered onsite, remotely, or as a combination of both, thereby ensuring the right balance of customisation and scalability.
Further, when combined with other Bio Project Augmentation Services (such as Fractional or Interim) within a Service Guardian framework, Bio's PMOaaS creates the basis to access and manage flexible delivery to your internal project team's capacity and capability.
Bio’s PMO function allowed Harrods to clear the decks, to enable major IT transformation:
As well as improving our existing processes, at the same time Bio helped us to deliver a better performing system across the company.
IT Director, Harrods
WHAT IS PMO AS A SERVICE?
Bio PMOaaS delivers a Project Management Office on behalf of Bio clients. The service can be delivered onsite, remotely, or as a combination of both in a hybrid model, as is determined best suited to meet the needs of each client.
Bio's PMOaaS delivers the following core services:
- Project Manager Support
- Administrative Support for Project Managers
- Project Status Reporting
- Project methodologies and tooling
- Managing project documentation
- Project Assurance Services
- Estimating, scheduling and risk management support
- Monitoring and reviewing project performance
- Quality Management and enforcement of project standards
- Continuous Service Improvement Plan (CSIP)
- Project Manager People Performance
- Competency development and training
- Operational performance management and on the job mentoring
- Recruitment support
- IT and business alignment
- Demand Management
- Resource Management
- Financial Governance
Bio's PMOaaS can be combined with other Bio Project Augmentation Services to create a blended delivery model, typically operating within a Service Guardian framework. This allows clients to take advantage of a flexible professional services operating model, that gives easy access top-up to internal capability and capacity. In this model, Bio's PMOaaS provides access to the wider range of Bio Project Augmentation skills and resources, within a pre-agreed commercial basis. As such, Bio clients can mobilise project and delivery resources very quickly, without management burden, knowing that both commercial governance and quality control are managed as an extended function of the internal team.