FRACTIONAL PROJECT AUGMENTATION SERVICES
Bio's Fractional Services provide access to our project augmentation capabilities with a level of control over resources and costs not possible with alternate methods. Fractional services work on the basis of granular billing, down to fragments of time, rather than the industry norm of day-rate billing. Because Bio can effectively time-share through our shared service model, we can deliver unprecedented levels of efficiency to our clients, not only reducing operating costs, but also handling multiple project portfolios of different shapes and sizes with apparent ease.
Once established, Bio's Fractional Services can fit snugly as a top-up to internal capability, or can be used to handle specific project portfolios, such as small-works, which often lack the effective focus required.
Bio Fractional Services are a powerful and effective method of extending your project team. It's easy to set up and if you don't use it, it won't cost you a penny!
This is a far more flexible way of working than the traditional contractor approach - we can take advantage of the exact skills we need, when we need them and for exactly how long we need them, without any of the pain of traditional contractors or agencies.
Head of Infrastructure Delivery, Press Association
WHAT ARE FRACTIONAL PROJECT AUGMENTATION SERVICES?
Fractional Services are Bio's shared service Project Augmentation capabilities. The service can be delivered both remotely and, subject to client permissions, onsite. The model works on a granular billing principle, in which only productive time is billed to the client, with Bio taking responsibility to leverage spare capacity for other clients or Bio purposes.
The service can be procured in blocks of time, or under an annual Service Guardian arrangement, in which a wider portfolio of Bio capabilities can be flexed under a fractional commercial model. The service is supported by a comprehensive reporting capability that not only provides project status, but also shows Bio fractional utilisation against activities, to ensure transparency and control.
The service includes the following capabilities, which are typically blended to create an efficient and personalised customer service:
- Project Co-ordination: for small-medium sized projects that can mostly be managed remotely
- Project Management: for medium-large projects that may require some onsite attendance but are not of a full-time intensity
- Project Office: providing central project control, governance and reporting services, ensuring risk and performance is managed across a number of IT projects and programmes
- Project Support: providing a range of administrative support activities, intended to free up premium (internal or external) project resource capacity
Fractional Services offer granular billing, down to fragments of time, rather than the industry norm of day-rate – offering unprecedented levels of efficiency to our clients.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF FRACTIONAL SERVICES?
- Project disciplines can be efficiently applied to any and all projects, ensuring timely benefit realisation
- Cost-effective delivery model - only pay for what you use versus full-time alternatives that may not deliver 100% utilisation
- Low risk - minimal overhead to deploy and only incurs cost when the service is used
- Maintain project and commercial control through effective reporting services
- Rapid deployment and mobilisation of projects, as Bio are an extension of the internal team and customer processes