INTERIM PROJECT AUGMENTATION SERVICES
Bio's Interim Project Augmentation Services provide dedicated resource to address client requirements that are either full-time, or are of a highly complex and specialist nature and thus unsuitable for a shared service delivery model.
Bio has a large team of dedicated, highly experienced Interim Project Augmentation Service specialists covering the range of Project Augmentation capabilities. Our experience spans most Enterprise and Service Provider vertical markets, with competency in IT infrastructure, application development and communications integration disciplines. Our independence from underlying providers and technology has always proved to be a significant advantage to our team and an asset in helping our customers “get things done” in often challenging circumstances.
Bio's Interim Service expertise spans across Projects, Programmes and Service Transition, often blending competencies of each, to create efficient and powerful capabilities for our clients.
Our model also leverages our Fractional Services, bringing further efficiencies and customer advantage: firstly, by ensuring that premium resources are supported by the fractional shared service capability where possible, to provide efficient resource utilisation; secondly, when not engaged on dedicated work, Interim Service resources support the fractional services team, ensuring further efficiencies in our operation. This approach allows Bio to respond quickly to client needs by having a virtual resource pool available to call from when required.
Not only did Bio lead the new Service Operation, they also stayed with us throughout the process, ensuring knowledge transfer was progressive, until we could stand alone.
IT Director, Harrods
WHAT ARE INTERIM PROJECT AUGMENTATION SERVICES?
Interim Project Augmentation Services are delivered through Bio's team of Project resources that provide dedicated project augmentation capabilities, often on-client site. Whilst not exclusively, the majority of interim engagements are for one or more of the following skill disciplines:
- Project Management: in which a Bio project manager takes on ownership of a specific client project, or series of smaller projects
- Transition Management: in which a Bio transition manager takes on the ownership responsibility of bringing an incremental service into operation
- Programme Management: in which a Bio programme manager takes responsibility for a larger programme of work that may include multiple workstreams, projects and service transitions
A number of Bio's team of Interim Project Augmentation Specialists are multi-disciplined and therefore can cover more than one of the above specialisms, thus bringing additional levels of control and efficiency to a client engagement.
The services are usually provided in three modes of operation:
- Day Rate: in which the client provides a time-bound role specification and Bio fulfils this with one of our Project Augmentation specialist delivery resources on a chargeable per day basis
- Scoped: in which the client provides Bio with a requirement scope and we identify and agree the appropriate resource model to deliver it
- Outcome: in which the client specifies a desired outcome and it is Bio's responsibility to deliver it
In all cases, Bio adds value beyond core quality delivery, by ensuring there is an overriding customer layer provided outside of the operational day to day. This means that the Bio resources engaged are not isolated, there is continuity between engagements and Bio can provide additional support to both client and resource where appropriate. This customer relationship model has proven to be of outstanding value to our clients.
The range of Interim Project Augmentation capabilities include:
- Project Co-ordination: for small-medium sized projects that can mostly be managed remotely
- Project Management: for medium-large projects requiring greater site attendance
- Programme Management: for large, multi-faceted programmes often involving multiple workstreams and project delivery entities
- Project Office: providing central project portfolio control, governance and reporting services, ensuring risk and performance is managed across a number of IT projects and programmes
- Project Support: providing a range of administrative support activities, intended to free up premium (internal or external) project resource capacity
Some of these services may be delivered remotely to support the efficiency of the dedicated onsite Interim resource.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF INTERIM SERVICES?
- Timely delivery of planned demand beyond current capacity
- Ability to support unplanned business and IT projects
- Effective introduction of new portfolio and services into live operation
- Leverage Bio's shared service capabilities to make Project and Transition more scalable
- Range of capability and experience available to fill gaps in current teams
- Continuity of service between interim staff, leading to rapid deployment, low management overhead and reduced risk of skills acquisition